Friday, January 2, 2009

Pregnancy Power

Pregnancy makes me feel a lot of things.

It makes me nauseated, exhausted, irritable, undesirable, and moody. It makes my face break out in acne. It makes me have dark circles under my eyes. It makes me complain...a lot. It makes me very, very sleepy. And it makes me weird.

But....

It also makes me feel capable and able. It makes me want to do silly things like ride roller coasters and take random road trips. It makes me want to do big things like start a business or write a book. It makes me feel strong. It makes me dream.

And since I'm super hyped up on all kinds of hormones - it makes me crazy enough to actually believe that some of those big dreams could come true one day.

It's amazing really.

While it is true that pregnancy can make me feel .....incapable. It also makes me feel like I can do something.

On those days when I find it near impossible to even get my hair brushed - its nice to feel like there are lots of things that are possible.

All these feelings of power and possibilities in pregnancy - get me through the yucky stuff. And I'm real thankful for that. :)