Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Trellis

I almost always read before drifting off to sleep. Last night, I nestled into bed and decided to start re-reading a small devotional book called The 100 Most Important Bible Verses for Mothers. Since I need all the help I can get when it comes to two things: faith and parenting - this little book really encourages me onward in my journey. I just want to share with you a little snippet from what I read last night:

"You wish for your children to grow up the best they can be. Picture them shooting up, like thriving green plants, strong and vigorous. Train them to trust completely in God for all things, for he is like the trellis around which their tender shoots wrap."

Don't those words draw such a beautiful picture? They touched me and I pray they touch you too :)

Lord, please encourage me in my own faith walk and help me to encourage my children to seek, and see, You in theirs. I feel so weak in these areas and I pray for your divine guidance in both. Please let me and my household grasp how high and how deep and how real your love is for us. In Jesus name, Amen