Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Crater

As if I didn't already feel like a blimp, my almost 3 year old son sealed the deal for me today.....

Since the weather has been warm - my son and I have been hanging out on our back patio...which means I have been frequenting one of our cheap lawn chairs that we inherited from the home's previous owners. I had been noticing that the chair seemed a little loose lately - but didn't pay much attention to it. Today though, as we walked outside - my son walked over to the chair...examined it...and said:

"Whoaaaa Mommy! Did you do dat?"

I walked over to the chair and noticed that my big-as-a-barn pregnant bottom had formed a huge crater in the seat of the chair. Awesome.

So I simply replied, "Yes, Baby. Mommy did do that."

And then I almost cried.

So as if that wasn't enough - as we walked back inside I caught a glimpse of myself in one of the zillions of mirrors in our home - again - that we inherited from the previous owners. And at that moment, I decided that I would not ever look at my backside in a mirror again until this baby girl arrives. Unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful for this pregnancy and the little diva that is making me grow and grow. Yes. I feel blessed that I am now in the third trimester of this whole ordeal and things are going well. But my goodness. I can't wait to throw on a pair of running shoes and go nuts again. That will be a happy day.

As for me and my large-and-in-charge self -I'm going to do two things until then: 1) take down all these dang mirrors that I never liked in the first place and 2) get a new lawn chair - a sturdy one to get me through the next few months.

Lord, help me.

Your big crater-making friend,
Kate :)