Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday

Oh girls. I have been doing some darn good reading here lately. So good, in fact, that I just can't keep it all to myself!

Enjoy these powerful quotes and have a marvelous Monday, friends....

From More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst:
So I invite each of us into the possibility of seeing God. Not His actual physical form, but rather evidence of His activity. I want us to be women who lift our eyes up to God everyday and say, "Yes, God, there are some who seek you today! I understand it is possible to experience You; therefore, I want that more than anything else. I will seek to see You, hear You, know You, and follow hard after You in every part of my day." (p.173-174)


From Fearless by Max Lucado:
Become a worry-slapper. Treat frets like mosquitoes. Do you procrastinate when a bloodsucking bug lights on your skin? "I'll take care of it in a moment." Of course you don't! You give the critter the slap it deserves. Be equally decisive with anxiety. The moment a concern surfaces, deal with it. Don't dwell on it......Be a doer, not a stewer. (p.49)

From Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel:
Fear-based parenting is the surest way to create intimidated kids. (p.13)

From Autumn in the Country by Gooseberry Patch:
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. - Ralph Waldo Emerson (p. 24)