Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

I want to do things differently in 2010.

I want to laugh more.

I want to eat less beef.

I want to take a few more naps.

I want to let go of some fear.

I want to replace some of that fear with faith.

I want to memorize scripture.

I want to discipline my children out of love...not anger.

I want to read things by Emerson and Erma Bombeck.

I want to pray more.

I want to blog more often.

I want to go on a lot more dates with my husband.

I want to worry less.

I want to trust a little more.

I want to learn how to write well.

I want to see my Texans more often.

I want my Christmas decorations to be taken down before Valentine's Day.

I want to help people.

I want to take more pictures.

I want to take some cooking classes.

I want to read to my kids more often.

I want to be a part of some Bible studies.

I want to chill out and calm down.

I want to have people over for dinner.

I want to stick to a workout plan.

I want to run a 5k.

I want to keep things organized.

I want to stop being so critical.

I want my Mom's 50th bday to be special.

I want to grow watermelons in my backyard.

I want to sew.

I want to cut more coupons.

I want to be a good aunt to my nephew arriving in May.

I want to hang out with my girlfriends more often.

I want to eat less sugar.

I want to serve.

I want to be a little more optimistic.

I want to be spontaneous.

I want to hike.

I want to be patient.

I want to doubt less.

I want to be a doer. Not just a dreamer.

I want to get involved.

I want to follow through with things.

I want to be less intimidated.

I want to lift weights more often.

I want to stop being so indecisive.

I want to take better care of my vehicle.

I want to travel.

I want to learn.

Y'all, I just want to do life better. I was thinking and praying this morning about what I should change in 2010. What I should focus on. What I should let go of. What I should pursue. And there are SO many things. Soooooo many. I could have made a million new years resolutions today - there's a lot I need to work on. But making lots of resolutions and stuff would have been super daunting (and not to mention, unrealistic). So instead, I prayed a simple prayer:

Lord, give me inklings. Give me discernment and wisdom about what YOU want for me to work on in 2010.
 
A part of me feels calm and comforted by praying that prayer. But to be honest, a part of me gets scared. A part of me has a very hard time giving up control and trusting that He knows what's best. Maybe it's because I tend to be a doubter. Maybe it's because I like to be the boss. I don't know. But today....January 1st....I prayed a weak and meek little prayer to a big and capable God. And that's a start, friends. Don't ya think?

Happy New Year's, Sweet Ones :) Blessings to you in 2010!