Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Entry

One college couple. Two pink lines.

That's the story of how I became a Mama :)

I'm entering into a contest over at She Reads tonight to win a scholarship to the She Speaks Conference put on by the ladies at Proverbs 31 Ministries. I had to write a story in 6 words or less. Yep. Only 6 words. Lord, help me.

After browsing through the entries....I almost decided to bow out. They are all so awesome and thought-provoking and creative. Beautiful, even. I don't know how they are going to pick only one winner - because there is some seriously talented sisters who entered. Whew.

But back to the college couple.....That's us. We were just babies when we got married - not even half-way through college yet. A little over a year after we said, "I do" I stood in our tiny apartment bathroom and almost fainted when I saw two lines on the pregnancy test. TWO LINES.

We were immature. (Still are, pretty much.) My husband played football when he wasn't in his engineering classes and I still called my Mama every night before bed. (I may or may not still do this.) We had no money. We had no idea how to be good marriage partners - much less good parents. And we were shocked. "How did this happen?" is what we kept asking ourselves. Don't you love that question? We all know the answer to it - but we ask it like there isn't one. (grin)

While it's true we were utterly clueless when it came to raising a baby - and while it's true the two pink lines catapulted us into an unknown territory....we felt blessed. Three positive pregnancy tests later - and we still feel the same way. Yes - three. While two of my little darlings are sound asleep in their rooms right now....one is sitting at the feet of Jesus. Another 6 word story of mine could go like this: Two pink lines. One empty womb. I miscarried one of our little sweeties shortly after I found out about him or her. Someday - I'll find out which one it was :)

As for now - I'll never forget the day these two babies found out they were having....a baby. And it will always be true that I wouldn't have had it any other way :)

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28