Saturday, December 6, 2008

Faith

I know I have been posting a lot of quotes and lyrics lately - but the wise words of others have been speaking to my heart recently. Sometimes other people can put my hearts cry into words way better than I can!

Here are a few about faith:

"If it can be verified, we don't need faith...Faith is for that which lies on the other side of reason. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, starling joys." - Madeleine L'Engle

"Faith is not an effort, a striving, a ceaseless seeking, as so many earnest souls suppose, but rather a letting go, an abandonment, an abiding rest in God that nothing, not even the soul's shortcomings, can disturb."

"There is no unbelief; Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, she trusts in God." - Elizabeth York Case


May you have a faith-filled and happy weekend, Sweet Ones!