Monday, March 9, 2009

Pull Back the Shades!

I opened a window and it made all the difference!

It has been a blistery and dreary winter here in my neck of the woods. Snow. Ice. Power outages. Below zero temps. Clouds. Wind. After a couple of months - it kinda starts to get to you.

Thankfully, we got a break this weekend! Seventy degree weather. Sunshine. No coats to wear. No snow. It was fabulous. And I actually got to open up some windows. I was delighted. As my boys played and worked outside in the yard - I took some time to read and relax. I nestled onto our couch and propped open the living room windows. The fresh air coming in smelled so good - like spring. Birds were singing. Children were playing. People were smiling. Life was good. It made me like the region I live in again. It made me want to have people over for a cookout. It made me want to sing "Let the light shine in! Face it with a grin!" And if that wasn't cheesy enough - It also made me want to put on an apron and make something springy like lemon bars.
After being shut in all winter - just opening a window brought life back into this home. And it just blessed me so.

All this window opening leaves me with feelings of hope - reminding me that life isn't just one big long winter - that there ARE seasons of warmth and life, too. It also leaves me inspired to share some quotes....

Let there be many windows in your soul, that all the glory of the universe may beautify it. - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"When a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade." - Tom Peters

"It's okay to open up. Go ahead and let the light shine through." - from Carrie Underwood's song, So Small

Have a beautiful Monday - and maybe open up a few windows, too.