Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Going


We'll wing away on the prayers of many late next week.

The pastor and I - we will board a jetliner, climb high over clouds, settle into a stratosphere, speed over a vast Atlantic pond during the mid-night hours, skid rubber on a runway...

and....

step foot on fine British soil.

All these years here....of the Lord pointing us to that place....of God guiding us, surprising us, searing us for that nation - we are bulleting across waters to see what's waiting.

To see what will unfold before us as we rummage through that old place seeking Him.

He's there.

And we plan on knocking our way through England to hear and see the God who beckons folks to a distant land sometimes.

My palms are up. My eyes are wide and searching. My ears are perked....for revelation.

But I am nervous.

I have staked much on this. I have written and shared and spoken openly now about how the Lord has hounded us on that area.

And I'm finding myself.... climbing out on this bizarre limb to see what in the world He's doing.

And everyone knows that I am.

And so I wonder and hope and trust that I can come back and land here with arms full of some faith-inspiring fruit to share.

I'm also bidding good-bye to my blonds for 9 days.

And Mama is not accustomed to being away from her cubs for so long.

The grip of all this struck me hard and flashing the morning after the tickets were booked.

Within moments of the worrisome feelings rising up to my throat however, I received a text from a Spirit-yielded friend (who had no idea about our trip) saying this:

"I was praying for you this morning, and I felt I was supposed to send you this verse...

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you." - Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT

Yeah.

It makes me tearful even now rehashing that moment. 

He sees, and knows, and goes before us....personally.

Therefore, I will be stepping off a plane, heart beating fast in expectation....to press into this personal God who guides us so, so faithfully.

I'm winging away on prayers.... 

And trusting I'll wing back flying high on fresh sweet faith.