Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hometown

I love football Friday nights.

We attended a high school football game in my husbands hometown last night. And oh, it just blessed me so. Let me tell you why...

Not only did I enjoy a shredded chicken sandwich and dominance by the hometown team.....but I totally enjoyed the people. We ran into dozens of folks who just totally made my night. People who knew us by name. People who knew not to shake my hand because they know I am a hugger. People who genuinely care about us. Whether they were folks we spent time with just a few weeks ago or people we haven't hung out with in years....they all made us feel so welcomed and so loved. The conversations we had were real and rich. The hugs we got were robust, with meaning behind each embrace. And I just love that.

I needed some sweet hometown goodness last night....and by golly, that's just what I got :)