Monday, April 14, 2014

Holy Week: Monday

Clouds are hovering dark and heavy here in Houston today....

threatening to all out pour on this city.

And I feel it's rather appropriate.

This Monday of Holy Week - with skies ready to empty out a quenching, and all of us here needing it....

all of us here - walking toward the cross - where Love poured forth from a Savior on a tree.

Indeed, skies willing to spill and God willing to sacrifice - it's very fitting.

For the last few days here - I have felt a strong impression to pray down Heaven on people. I've felt a keen and different desire to see miracles this week.

Big ones.

I want the Lord to pull hearts to Himself in crazy ways.
I want wayward children to return to the Lord.
I want completely shattered marriages to be restored.
I want healing for ailing bodies.
I want addictions to leave.
I want broken relationships to be mended.
I want atheists to become believers.
I want dreams and wonders from the Lord to be encountered.
I want provision....
 joy
 belief
 breakthrough. 

It's Holy Week..... why not?

So as I take these first few steps here toward a dying, rising Jesus - I pause to implore.

Because...

Over 2,000 years ago...around this time of the week - Jesus went into the temple and cleared it of all things twisted and evil and proclaimed.....

"Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations'? But you have made it a den of robbers."

"A house of prayer for all the nations."

We then read in 1 Corinthians 3:16 that we......we are now the temples of the living God. 

Us.

Not buildings. Not divine residences. Not some faraway kingly manner....

But God in His fullness dwells in you and me.

Therefore...

If Jesus said the temple was for prayer...
And we are now the temples....
We should be praying!

While God is certainly able to administer, and deliver, and sure-up any week of the year...

I feel in my gut that there is some kind of special anointing on the prayers of this week leading up to the resurrection. I feel like the Spirit is already moving, pouring, revealing in an increased measure this week, friends.

So let's partake. And petition. And praise.

What may I pray about for you? What needs an outpouring?

Do share. It's my honor to pray on your behalf.

The skies did end up showering us with a cool rain today.

And our Savior really did end up being our Stand-In.

And this God - He is still in the business of resurrections.

I'm praying and trusting that every soul that passes by this way this week - will end up experiencing that.