Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Jolt from Jesus

Matthew 25 : 31-46 hit me hard.

As I read this passage recently I actually heard Jesus speaking verse 45:

"Kate, I tell you the truth, when you refuse to help the least of these, you are refusing to help me."

Whoa.

Did- Jesus- just- directly- and- audibly- reprimand- me? You bet He did and after I picked my jaw up off the floor - I hit the ground running.

See, I came across this passage of scripture during a time when my heart was reluctant to reach out. A few needs had come to my attention and I was just sitting idle. I was aware that I could indeed help fill these needs - but my sinful heart wasn't on board.

Probably because I tend to hoard. My time. My money. My things. It is selfish and it is wrong.

So what did Jesus do? He clearly told me that when I refuse to help those that need it - I am directly refusing to help Him. And kids, that is serious.

Matthew 25:31-46 lit a red-hot fire under my butt. I wonder what it will do for you.