Friday, October 10, 2008

Inspiration in My Inbox

Every morning when I check my emails - I always have a few devotionals waiting there for me from Crosswalk Ministries.

What a great way to jump start my day. And with a little 2 year old sweetly nipping at my heals all day long - I can always use an extra dose of spiritual goodness.

Today, I received a devotional by Max Lucado. It really struck a chord and I want to share a bit of it with you:

"As long as Jesus is one of many options, he is no option. As long as you can carry your burdens alone, you don't need a burden bearer. As long as your situation brings you no grief, you will receive no comfort. And as long as you can take him or leave him, you might as well leave him, because he won't be taken half-heartedly."

My goodness! Preach it, Max.

I have had a particularly half-hearted kind of week. That last sentence is powerful isn't it? Max is right. Jesus wants all of us - every single bit of our beings. He isn't interested in my divided loyalties. He isn't satisfied when I hold back. He isn't okay with me acting like a person who only works for him part-time. Nope. He wants us on hire 'round the clock.

I needed that devotional today like crazy. If you think you might want to benefit from the free email devotionals from Crosswalk, just go to http://www.crosswalk.com/newsletters/.

I have been blessed by them, and I pray you will be too.