Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fill me with Faith

As I have mentioned before, I deal with doubt.

Faith, for me, is constantly something I have to find. It doesn't just come to me like it does for others. If I don't seek - I will not find. If I don't ask Him to give me understanding - I won't have it. If I don't stay in The Word - I'm clueless. If I don't pray - I'm anxious. If I don't have fellowship - I'm distant. If I don't seek out belief - I live in unbelief. And yet, I watch other Christians who seem to just have it. Their faith in an unseen God is just there. Sure they have questions and they wonder about this or that - but their underlying faith in our Creator is constant.

That isn't the case for this wanderer. I wrestle with it. And sometimes all that wrestling can make a woman weary. I was having one of those mornings earlier today. So I did what one of my favorite preachers says to do : Ask God to speak to you about it.

I asked and He answered.

I sat down and cozied up to Ephesians 3...........Verses 16-19 quieted this mornings queries:

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should. how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Just breath that in with me. Whether you are a person who has the gift of faith or like myself, you are a person who finds faith - Either way - We can't do it apart from Him. And ya know, it's pretty hard to do it apart from one another,as well. (Trust me, I've tried.) So let's encourage one another on in this race we are running. I consider it a privilege to run along side you.

May you be filled with a flourishing faith today :)